An history that lasts for 560 years

Couverture.jpg carte_postale_2.jpg carte_postale_1.jpg carte_postale_3.jpg gare-de-castelnau.jpg

It is from the original owner in 1453, Sir Gaston de l'Isle, Gascon knight, that the area was named. It was initially a castle where Gaston de l'Isle, who was defending the fortress of Castelnau on behalf of the King of England, confronted the King of France Charles VII. This fait d’arme is branded the reputation of the domain ...

In the eighteenth century, the property belongs to Pierre de Montalier, Bordeaux magistrate, academician and friend of the writer Montesquieu. In 1763, Pierre is destroy the old castle and rebuild the mansion now known as the Château de l'l'Isle. The architecture is very original, octagonal with terraces, it seems to be a smaller replica of the Castle Grissac located on the other side of the Garonne, also owned by the family of Montalier.

During the nineteenth and twentieth century, the castle belonged to rich families Bordelaises magistrates families, captains of Upper Edge, stockbrokers, vintners ...

We fell in love with the place at first glance. We hope it will be the same for you!